Houston Child Support Lawyers
Taking care of your children’s future requires that you and your former partner settle upon the correct amount of child support, and that you both maintain the agreement at all times. So, if you are going through a divorce or preparing to renegotiate your child support agreement, you should consider engaging the legal services of Gregory Law PLLC.
In order for your children to live in a safe, healthy, happy, and productive environment, both parents need to have the necessary funds to make that a reality. At the same time, it is crucial that child support rates are fair for all sides, so that no one is put in a difficult financial position. Setting the right child support amount can mean the difference between working multiple jobs to feed your family and getting to spend time with your children.
Gregory Law PLLC has decades of experience helping clients set correct levels for child support and enforcing child support once an agreement has been reached. Whether you’re trying to ensure you get the full amount you are entitled to, or you want to make sure your child support payments are fair and don’t lead to financial stress, our team can help you.
If you or someone you know is negotiating child support in the Houston area, enlist the help of Gregory Law PLLC. Call us now at (713) 861-1293.
What Can a Lawyer Do for Me?
Setting up child support between you and your former partner does not legally require a lawyer. However, there are many reasons why it is preferable for all parties that you bring a lawyer in to represent them.
To begin with, disagreeing over money and children is sure to be a highly emotional process for former partners, and it is easy for these strong emotions to lead to an imperfect agreement that negatively affects your children. When you need to make sure the deal is fair and provides everything your children need, there’s no room for hurt feelings. With a lawyer on your side, you’ll be able to take the emotion out of the negotiations by allowing outside representatives to watch over your interests and get the best deal for everyone.
Additionally, a lawyer can ensure that your agreement is fair and enforceable within the limits of the law. Family law is complex, so coming to an agreement that the court will accept and be able to enforce isn’t easy. A lawyer can gather all the necessary evidence to prove that the child support you suggest is fair and fight for your rights if it is disputed.
Why Gregory Law PLLC Can Provide You with the Best Representation
With the care of your children and your financial security up for negotiation, you want the lawyer representing your side to be the best in the Houston area.
Gregory Law PLLC has decades of experience that we can use to fight aggressively on your behalf. Our team is led by Myrna Gregory, a Houston native who has spent the last 30 years representing clients through the hardest moments their families face, including child support negotiations and hearings.
We understand just how difficult and important your child support issues are. When your ability to make ends meet and provide for your children is being negotiated, you need a lawyer that cares about more than just the case. You need a lawyer that cares about the people involved. Our lawyers care enough to represent your interests forcefully at every point, using the law and your circumstances to ensure you and your children get the best possible deal.
Child Support Cases We Will Handle
Child support is a crucial part of taking care of your children. Not every child support case is the same, though, and they aren’t all straightforward. We can help you with any of these child support cases:
- Negotiating child support: Whether before a divorce or after an unmarried partnership breaks up, we can help you negotiate the correct level of child support for your children with your former partner or their legal representative. Texas has set limits on child support depending on the number of children involved, and we can make sure the support is fair but meets the needs of the children.
- Modifying child support: Financial circumstances can change for one or both partners. Child support agreements often need to be revisited and modified to make adjustments when jobs, salaries, or life circumstances change. We can represent you through this modification process to make sure the interests of you and your children continue to be put first.
- Paternity tests to collect child support: Not all child support cases are completely clear. Sometimes, paternity tests are required to ensure the father is held accountable for the support he is legally required to give. We know what to say to a judge to convince them to order a paternity test, and how to negotiate for the correct amount afterward.
- Enforcing child support: When support payments aren’t being made, the agreement breaks down. At this point, you may end up in court either to demand the court to enforce the agreement or to defend yourself against failure to make payments. We can help you in either circumstance to guide the court towards the best decision for you.
- Collecting on child support arrears: When the parent paying child support falls significantly behind in payments, the parent receiving the support can demand those missed payments be paid. We can help you through the process to collect those payments that are in arrears. Similarly, if you have fallen behind on child support payments, we can argue on your behalf to prevent you from having to take on such a huge financial burden.
Child support is a complicated process, with many different rules and regulations governing it. Whatever your child support difficulties, Gregory Law PLLC is here to work with you to make sure the best decision is reached, every time.
Get the Best Legal Support for Your Child Support Case
Nothing is more important in life than the care provided to your children and the financial security of you and your family. If you or someone you care about is going through a child support dispute in or around Houston, call Gregory Law PLLC at (713) 861-1293. Our child custody and support attorneys can work with you to make sure the law takes care of you and your family.